The Medi‑Cal Dental Program provides free or low‑cost dental services to children and adults who receive Medi‑Cal, California’s Medicaid program.
Services covered by Medi‑Cal Dental may include:
- Exams and x-rays
- Fluoride treatments
- Emergency services
- Tooth removal
- Fillings and crowns
- Root canal treatments
- Scaling and root planing
- Periodontal maintenance
- Complete and partial dentures
- Denture relines
- Orthodontics (braces) for children who qualify
Coverage For Your Smile
Dental health is an important part of your overall health. That’s why Medi‑Cal offers dental services at little to no cost to keep you and your smile healthy. Make the most out of your dental benefit by:
- Finding a Medi‑Cal dentist and scheduling an appointment today.
- Being proactive and seeing your dentist regularly, even if you do not have aches and pains.
- Reading this site to learn about the dental services that may be available to you.
- Following your dentist’s advice like brushing and flossing daily and eating a healthy diet.
Free and Low‑Cost Care for Children and Adults
The Medi‑Cal Dental Program covers dental services for most Medi‑Cal members. Depending on your household income and family size, dental services may be at no cost to you (and/or your child).
Managed Dental Care
If you live in Los Angeles or Sacramento County you may be part of a managed care dental plan.
Meeting Your Needs
Medi-Cal provides qualified interpreters and translators free of charge. The privacy of any member with limited English proficiency is always protected.
Medi‑Cal also provides American Sign Language (ASL) Translation Services free of charge.
Call the Telephone Service Center at 1‑800‑322‑6384 to schedule an ASL translator.